Jubilee, Raw Pu'er Tea
TEASPEC Jubilee Set contains a dome-shaped raw Pu-erh (Pu'er) tea called Tuo weighing 100g.(3.5 oz). Aged since 2005, each tuo brews tea featuring a complex aroma that is both floral and engaging, and is light and reddish brown in color. Aficionados can expect a smooth and fruity taste, followed by a tangy and distinctly sweet aftertaste.
Your tea loving friends will be impressed once they open this elegant gift made from our proprietary blend of leaves from various regions and different altitudes, high up in the mountains of Yunnan, China.
The Jubilee Set features a decorative porcelain caddy with a matching lid. The porcelain caddy is available in various colours including Rose (a light pink with gold and white flourishes), Cardinal (a deep red with gold and white flourishes), Apricot (a warm orange with gold flourishes), and Verde (light green with gold and white flourishes), and is housed within a beautiful beige box featuring gold trim and the gold TEASPEC logo.
The box includes a certificate of authenticity and provenance, general information about Pu’er tea and brewing instructions.
Give this as a special gift or keep for yourself and dazzle your friends with a delicious century-old tradition
Benefits of Pu'er Tea:
- Pu’er tea contains antioxidants which can help prevent damage caused by free radicals. If left unchecked, free radicals can lead to disease and illness.
- To reap the benefits of Pu’er tea, it is best to consume it at least one cup a day.
- Aids in digestion: Pu’er has been shown to help balance the bacteria in your stomach and intestines and help the body digest heavy meals.
- Helps reduce stress: The gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) found in Pu’er has been shown to reduce anxiety levels. : Pu’er tea can also help reduce stress by regulating and protecting the nervous system.
- Helps lowering cholesterol: Unlike other teas, Pu’er contains lovastatin. Clinical studies have proven that regular consumption of Pu’er tea can help lower your bad cholesterol (LDL) as well as blood fats called triglycerides. It might also raise “good” high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol.
- Helps manage blood sugar levels : Pu’er can help to lower blood sugar levels after meals, which is when your glucose levels are likely to rise.
- Aids weight loss: Pu’er tea helps promote weight loss and it can be a great substitute for coffee or sugary soda.
Amount: 3g of tea leaves per person. 5g for sharing a teapot with 3-4 persons.
Water temperature: 100 degree Celsius.
- Rinse tea (recommended to compressed tea).
Pour boiling water into the teapot, steep for 5 seconds and discard the water. This is to ‘wake’ the tea up.
- Start the first brew. Steep for 1 minute.
- Increase the steeping time for subsequent infusions.
- Can be reinfused multiple times.
Recently viewed products
I attended a social event in London late last year and was gifted this beautiful present by our host who bought these from Harrods. It took a while but I have discovered my new favorite tea for the next while.
Before this, I had only tried English Tea like Earl Grey and the occasional Moroccan or Indian flavor but this Chinese tea is nice and fragrant. I love the act of breaking up the tea cake and brewing the tea leaves by myself. Makes me feel like a chef!