Opus Ripe, Ripe Pu'er Tea Sachets (UK delivery only)
The TEASPEC Opus special blend of 2017 fermented Ripe Pu-erh (Pu’er) has a mildly aromatic taste with a more mellow, full-bodied flavour and is made from hand-picked, sun dried tea leaves from Yunnan, China.
Due to the popular demand of Pu’er tea, the technique of fermentation was developed in the 1970s to accelerate the natural fermentation process by way of temperature and humidity. As such, when Pu'er tea is fermented in a humid, tropical climate such as in Malaysia, the benefits of the fermentation can be even more effective.
The Opus custom decorative box has a button and tie closure and contains 15 individually packed pyramid silken sachets. Each sachet contains 3g of Pu’er tea leaves and can be reinfused multiple times. The pyramid shape bag offers a richer aroma and deeper taste than traditional flat tea bags.
Opus Pu’er comes in a PLA biodegradable bag which is derived from renewable resources.
Benefits of Pu'er Tea:
- Pu’er tea contains antioxidants which can help prevent damage caused by free radicals. If left unchecked, free radicals can lead to disease and illness.
- To reap the benefits of Pu’er tea, it is best to consume it at least one cup a day.
- Aids in digestion: Pu’er has been shown to help balance the bacteria in your stomach and intestines and help the body digest heavy meals.
- Helps reduce stress: The gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) found in Pu’er has been shown to reduce anxiety levels. : Pu’er tea can also help reduce stress by regulating and protecting the nervous system.
- Helps lowering cholesterol: Unlike other teas, Pu’er contains lovastatin. Clinical studies have proven that regular consumption of Pu’er tea can help lower your bad cholesterol (LDL) as well as blood fats called triglycerides. It might also raise “good” high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol.
- Helps manage blood sugar levels : Pu’er can help to lower blood sugar levels after meals, which is when your glucose levels are likely to rise.
- Aids weight loss: Pu’er tea helps promote weight loss and it can be a great substitute for coffee or sugary soda.
Amount: 3g of tea leaves per person. 5g for sharing a teapot with 3-4 persons.
Water temperature: 100 degree Celsius.
- Rinse tea (recommended to compressed tea).
Pour boiling water into the teapot, steep for 5 seconds and discard the water. This is to ‘wake’ the tea up.
- Start the first brew. Steep for 1 minute.
- Increase the steeping time for subsequent infusions.
- Can be reinfused multiple times.