Each Pu’er Tea Cake Ripe was specially blended for TEASPEC in 2015. This high quality Pu’er tea is made of sun-dried broad-leaf species from Yunnan, China. The sun dried tea leaves are ripened with a traditional fermentation process that removes the astringent bite of the raw materials. Pu’er is rich in anti-inflammatory properties. Regular drinking promotes the lowering of bad cholesterol and reduction of blood sugar levels.
Recipes for fresh pu-erh tea typically call for 3 to 4 grams of tea leaves per cup of water. You can adjust this amount depending on how strong you’d like your tea.
Once you’ve measured out the leaves, follow these steps:
- Place the tea leaves into the strainer of a teapot.
- Pour freshly boiled water into the pot and swirl it around a bit.
- Discard the water to remove any impurities from the tea.
- Fill the teapot with more boiled water and allow the tea to steep for three to four minutes.
- Pour yourself a cup of tea and enjoy.
- You can reuse the tea leaves for few times.