Due to the popular demand of Pu’er tea, the technique of fermentation was developed in the 1970s to accelerate the natural fermentation process by way of temperature and humidity.
The Opus custom decorative box has a button and tie closure and contains 15 individually packed pyramid silken sachets. Each sachet contains 3g of Pu’er tea leaves and can be reinfused multiple times. The pyramid shape bag offers a richer aroma and deeper taste than traditional flat tea bags.
Opus Pu’er comes in a PLA biodegradable bag which is derived from renewable resources.
Recipes for fresh pu-erh tea typically call for 3 to 4 grams of tea leaves per cup of water. You can adjust this amount depending on how strong you’d like your tea.
Once you’ve measured out the leaves, follow these steps:
- Place the tea leaves into the strainer of a teapot.
- Pour freshly boiled water into the pot and swirl it around a bit.
- Discard the water to remove any impurities from the tea.
- Fill the teapot with more boiled water and allow the tea to steep for three to four minutes.
- Pour yourself a cup of tea and enjoy.
- You can reuse the tea leaves for few times.