Ripe Pu’er is a fermented black tea. Due to popular demand of Pu’er tea, the technique of fermentation was developed in the 1970s to accelerate the natural fermentation process. Pu’er has abundant health benefits including lowering of cholesterol, aiding digestion and regulating blood sugar levels.
Each box makes approximately 75-80 cups of tea.
Recipes for fresh pu-erh tea typically call for 3 to 4 grams of tea leaves per cup of water. You can adjust this amount depending on how strong you’d like your tea.
Once you’ve measured out the leaves, follow these steps:
- Place the tea leaves into the strainer of a teapot.
- Pour freshly boiled water into the pot and swirl it around a bit.
- Discard the water to remove any impurities from the tea.
- Fill the teapot with more boiled water and allow the tea to steep for three to four minutes.
- Pour yourself a cup of tea and enjoy.
- You can reuse the tea leaves for few times.