Regent, Raw & Ripe Pu'er Tea
The TEASPEC Regent 2011 Mini Tuo pack includes 6 Raw and 6 Ripe Pu-erh tea and can be considered a starter kit to the storied world of Pu’er tea culture and tea drinking. Packaged for convenience, the Regent allows you to carry your tea with you on your travels.
Give this as a special gift or keep for yourself and dazzle your friends with a delicious century- old tradition.
This specially blended boxed set, covered in a white sleeve, features Pu’er tea leaves that have been aged since 2011. This elegant tea can be enjoyed in style with our beautiful walnut decorative boxed sets that features both raw and ripe Pu’er tea.
Each tea round is compressed to resemble coins that are wrapped in food grade paper and feature our signature logo in green for raw tea or red for ripe tea. Each mini tuo can be brewed up to eight times. Each tuo is 3g.(.10 .oz). The raw Pu’er tea is known for its aromatic scent and sweet aftertaste while the ripe Pu’er tea features a mellow and full flavour.
The Regent comes with a certificate of authenticity and provenance along with general information about Pu’er tea and brewing instructions.
Benefits of Pu'er Tea:
- Pu’er tea contains antioxidants which can help prevent damage caused by free radicals. If left unchecked, free radicals can lead to disease and illness.
- To reap the benefits of Pu’er tea, it is best to consume it at least one cup a day.
- Aids in digestion: Pu’er has been shown to help balance the bacteria in your stomach and intestines and help the body digest heavy meals.
- Helps reduce stress: The gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) found in Pu’er has been shown to reduce anxiety levels. : Pu’er tea can also help reduce stress by regulating and protecting the nervous system.
- Helps lowering cholesterol: Unlike other teas, Pu’er contains lovastatin. Clinical studies have proven that regular consumption of Pu’er tea can help lower your bad cholesterol (LDL) as well as blood fats called triglycerides. It might also raise “good” high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol.
- Helps manage blood sugar levels : Pu’er can help to lower blood sugar levels after meals, which is when your glucose levels are likely to rise.
- Aids weight loss: Pu’er tea helps promote weight loss and it can be a great substitute for coffee or sugary soda.
Amount: 3g of tea leaves per person. 5g for sharing a teapot with 3-4 persons.
Water temperature: 100 degree Celsius.
- Rinse tea (recommended to compressed tea).
Pour boiling water into the teapot, steep for 5 seconds and discard the water. This is to ‘wake’ the tea up.
- Start the first brew. Steep for 1 minute.
- Increase the steeping time for subsequent infusions.
- Can be reinfused multiple times.