Opus Raw, Raw Pu'er Tea
Pu-erh (Pu’er) is a prized tea that becomes more nuanced and refined as it ages. The TEASPEC Opus special blend of 2017 unfermented Raw Pu’er boasts a smoky floral aroma, fruity savoriness with a tangy aftertaste.
Grown in Yunnan with more than 3,000 years of history, Pu-erh tea is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Regular consumption aids weight loss, lowers cholesterol and reduces blood sugar levels.
The Opus custom decorative box has a button and tie closure containing 15 individually packed pyramid silken sachets. Each sachet contains 3g of Pu’er tea leaves and can be reinfused multiple times. The pyramid shape bag offers a richer aroma and deeper taste than traditional flat tea bags.
Opus Pu’er comes in a PLA (Polyactic Acid) biodegradable bag which is derived from renewable resources and is environmentally friendly.
Benefits of Pu'er Tea:
- Pu’er tea contains antioxidants which can help prevent damage caused by free radicals. If left unchecked, free radicals can lead to disease and illness.
- To reap the benefits of Pu’er tea, it is best to consume it at least one cup a day.
- Aids in digestion: Pu’er has been shown to help balance the bacteria in your stomach and intestines and help the body digest heavy meals.
- Helps reduce stress: The gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) found in Pu’er has been shown to reduce anxiety levels. : Pu’er tea can also help reduce stress by regulating and protecting the nervous system.
- Helps lowering cholesterol: Unlike other teas, Pu’er contains lovastatin. Clinical studies have proven that regular consumption of Pu’er tea can help lower your bad cholesterol (LDL) as well as blood fats called triglycerides. It might also raise “good” high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol.
- Helps manage blood sugar levels : Pu’er can help to lower blood sugar levels after meals, which is when your glucose levels are likely to rise.
- Aids weight loss: Pu’er tea helps promote weight loss and it can be a great substitute for coffee or sugary soda.
Amount: 3g of tea leaves per person. 5g for sharing a teapot with 3-4 persons.
Water temperature: 100 degree Celsius.
- Rinse tea (recommended to compressed tea).
Pour boiling water into the teapot, steep for 5 seconds and discard the water. This is to ‘wake’ the tea up.
- Start the first brew. Steep for 1 minute.
- Increase the steeping time for subsequent infusions.
- Can be reinfused multiple times.
Recently viewed products
I have always loved green teas. Pu-erh raw (that is what I have tasted from this purchase) has changed my whole perspective of Chinese teas which I used to have with my late grandparents—maybe black roasted Chinese teas (too strong).
The OPUS raw situates between the taste of black teas and my favorite Jade Oolong. Love the slight fruitiness in it.
Below is my impression of OPUS Pu-erh teas:
The experience of brewing a cup of Pu-erh brings joys and hope just like one sailing through the journey of life. Its rich history comes through when the unique Pu-erh’s sweetness and gentle bitterness lingering in our palate from the very first sip. One must experience to know it !
My first time buying tea online. I usually buy coffee but it's all I drink now! My regular cup of coffee in the morning just tastes bitter to me after drinking this. I love it!!
This makes a perfectly consistent, delicious cup of tea every morning. I get a caffeine rush early in the morning and it gets me ready for the day.
I've had one too many nights working essays I left too close to my deadline and in this, I found the solution that single-handedly allowed me to graduate college. I love the Opus! Not exaggerating right now.
I swapped my energy drinks dependence for tea and this was hands down the best decision I made in my university life. Say goodbye to jitters and if you're a student like I was, this is a godsend!