Sloane Arbor Charm
The TEASPEC Sloane Arbor Charm features a 357g (12.5 oz) Arbor Charm tea cake that comes in a decorative walnut box. An elegant walnut tray and tea needle kit is included to allow for easy and graceful breaking of the tea cake.
This prized Arbor Charm tea cake is for true Pu’er enthusiasts. Present this elaborate and cherished gift to your friends and family or keep it all to yourself and enjoy the satisfaction of a more mature tea in future.
The TEASPEC Arbor Charm tea cake is made from the spring leaves of Arbor trees that originate from highlands 1500m – 2500m (4,921-8,202 ft) above sea level. It features very fine, young tea buds and shoots from the mountains of Yunnan, China. The leaves have been aged since 2005 and the special leaves were compressed into cakes in 2014.
The raw Pu’er tea has a complex aroma that is reminiscent of spring flowers. Its broth is deep amber in color and aficionados can expect a tinge of peach, apricot, and lavender flavor followed by a tangy and slightly sweet aftertaste.
The Sloane Arbor Charm Tea Cake Set includes a certificate of authenticity and provenance, general information about Pu’er tea and brewing instructions.
Benefits of Pu'er Tea:
- Pu’er tea contains antioxidants which can help prevent damage caused by free radicals. If left unchecked, free radicals can lead to disease and illness.
- To reap the benefits of Pu’er tea, it is best to consume it at least one cup a day.
- Aids in digestion: Pu’er has been shown to help balance the bacteria in your stomach and intestines and help the body digest heavy meals.
- Helps reduce stress: The gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) found in Pu’er has been shown to reduce anxiety levels. : Pu’er tea can also help reduce stress by regulating and protecting the nervous system.
- Helps lowering cholesterol: Unlike other teas, Pu’er contains lovastatin. Clinical studies have proven that regular consumption of Pu’er tea can help lower your bad cholesterol (LDL) as well as blood fats called triglycerides. It might also raise “good” high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol.
- Helps manage blood sugar levels : Pu’er can help to lower blood sugar levels after meals, which is when your glucose levels are likely to rise.
- Aids weight loss: Pu’er tea helps promote weight loss and it can be a great substitute for coffee or sugary soda.
Amount: 3g of tea leaves per person. 5g for sharing a teapot with 3-4 persons.
Water temperature: 100 degree Celsius.
- Rinse tea (recommended to compressed tea).
Pour boiling water into the teapot, steep for 5 seconds and discard the water. This is to ‘wake’ the tea up.
- Start the first brew. Steep for 1 minute.
- Increase the steeping time for subsequent infusions.
- Can be reinfused multiple times.