Frenchie, Ripe Pu'er Tea
The TEASPEC Frenchie Tuo Set is the perfect introduction to traditional compressed Pu-erh tea. It features a 100g (3.5 oz) ripe Pu’er complete with an elegant walnut tray, a dedicated tea needle, general information about Pu’er tea and brewing instructions.
Your tea loving friends will be impressed once they open this charming gift made from our proprietary blend of leaves, hand picked from the mountains of Yunnan, China.
This vintage 2013 ripe Pu-erh is a dome-shaped compressed tea with a hollow middle. It features a woody aroma and mellow full flavour in dark brown tea broth.
Ripe Pu’er Tuo has been in France since the 1970s. Back in those days, the tea was sold in pharmacies instead of tea shops. Regular drinking aids in weight loss, promotes the lowering of bad cholesterol and reduction of blood sugar levels.
Benefits of Pu'er Tea:
- Pu’er tea contains antioxidants which can help prevent damage caused by free radicals. If left unchecked, free radicals can lead to disease and illness.
- To reap the benefits of Pu’er tea, it is best to consume it at least one cup a day.
- Aids in digestion: Pu’er has been shown to help balance the bacteria in your stomach and intestines and help the body digest heavy meals.
- Helps reduce stress: The gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) found in Pu’er has been shown to reduce anxiety levels. : Pu’er tea can also help reduce stress by regulating and protecting the nervous system.
- Helps lowering cholesterol: Unlike other teas, Pu’er contains lovastatin. Clinical studies have proven that regular consumption of Pu’er tea can help lower your bad cholesterol (LDL) as well as blood fats called triglycerides. It might also raise “good” high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol.
- Helps manage blood sugar levels : Pu’er can help to lower blood sugar levels after meals, which is when your glucose levels are likely to rise.
- Aids weight loss: Pu’er tea helps promote weight loss and it can be a great substitute for coffee or sugary soda.
Amount: 3g of tea leaves per person. 5g for sharing a teapot with 3-4 persons.
Water temperature: 100 degree Celsius.
- Rinse tea (recommended to compressed tea).
Pour boiling water into the teapot, steep for 5 seconds and discard the water. This is to ‘wake’ the tea up.
- Start the first brew. Steep for 1 minute.
- Increase the steeping time for subsequent infusions.
- Can be reinfused multiple times.
Recently viewed products
Loved it ;)
I bought the Teaspec Frenchie for my mother on Mother's Day and she has been enjoying it immensely.
The tea cake needle is very easy to use and the wooden tray is very durable.
The Frenchie was delivered to our home in Nottingham a few days after I placed my order on the Teaspec website.
10/10 would recommend for gifting to friends and family.