Hearty Raw Pu’er Tea Cake
The TEASPEC Pu-erh (Pu’er) Tea Cake Raw 2015 weighs 357 grams (12.5 oz) and comes with an elegant tea needle and a decorative walnut handle. Each set comes with a resealable storage bag with silver foil lining making it the perfect size for storing your Pu’er tea cake once it is opened.
Benefits of Pu'er Tea:
- Pu’er tea contains antioxidants which can help prevent damage caused by free radicals. If left unchecked, free radicals can lead to disease and illness.
- To reap the benefits of Pu’er tea, it is best to consume it at least one cup a day.
- Aids in digestion: Pu’er has been shown to help balance the bacteria in your stomach and intestines and help the body digest heavy meals.
- Helps reduce stress: The gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) found in Pu’er has been shown to reduce anxiety levels. : Pu’er tea can also help reduce stress by regulating and protecting the nervous system.
- Helps lowering cholesterol: Unlike other teas, Pu’er contains lovastatin. Clinical studies have proven that regular consumption of Pu’er tea can help lower your bad cholesterol (LDL) as well as blood fats called triglycerides. It might also raise “good” high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol.
- Helps manage blood sugar levels : Pu’er can help to lower blood sugar levels after meals, which is when your glucose levels are likely to rise.
- Aids weight loss: Pu’er tea helps promote weight loss and it can be a great substitute for coffee or sugary soda.
Amount: 3g of tea leaves per person. 5g for sharing a teapot with 3-4 persons.
Water temperature: 100 degree Celsius.
- Rinse tea (recommended to compressed tea).
Pour boiling water into the teapot, steep for 5 seconds and discard the water. This is to ‘wake’ the tea up.
- Start the first brew. Steep for 1 minute.
- Increase the steeping time for subsequent infusions.
- Can be reinfused multiple times.
Recently viewed products
I am a tea enthusiast. Before trying Teaspec Pu’er Tea, I had not tried any kind of Eastern Tea before. Mostly English earl grey breakfast tea at least twice a day. I bought the Teaspec Hearty Raw two weeks ago online upon a friend’s recommendation. I love the taste of raw pu’er Tea and it gets me going early in the morning before and during work. I have mixed in the raw Pu’er tea into my collection and rotate between them.
I have been drinking 3 servings of tea a day and I still have a lot of tea remaining in my tea cake. Good value for money.Many thanks to Carole from Teaspec who helped me select this tea and explained the difference between Raw and Ripe Pu’er.